After an abscess is diagnosed and a root canal treatment is done on a tooth, why does the infection go away?
It seems all the root canal treatment does is remove the total volume of space for the bacteria to "live in", as well as "clean" / "disinfect" the canal. Is this usually sufficient to remove the infection? If so, why?
Is it due to removing a significant amount of the bacteria or, preventing the bacteria from "safely" protecting itself inside the canal from the bodies immune system? Or something else?